best keyword research tool
This week I developed this Google Doc spreadsheet to speed up my keyword research.
You enter the following data:
- The Page Authority and Domain Authority for a page you want to rank (from OpenSiteExplorer)
- The total monthly searches (phrase-matched, from Google AdWords Keyword Tool)
- And the stats on the top 10 competitors (which you can get from OpenSiteExplorer, but 50 at a time from SEOMoz Pro)
The spreadsheet then shows you which target SERP positions are the most attractive, i.e. will give you the most traffic for the least work.
All open in new windows.
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool
- SEOMoz Pro (my affiliate link / regular link)
- Google Spreadsheet – you MUST make a copy, don’t edit this one!